THE WEBINOS 2nd CROSS-SCREEN APP CHALLENGE
Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARTICIPATION OF EMPLOYEES:
In case you participate as an employee in this Contest it is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. The Webinos Consortium and all Webinos Consortium Partners disclaim any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and its employer related to this matter.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the WEBINOS CROSS-SCREEN APP CHALLENGE promotion (hereinafter referred to as “Contest”) will operate.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to the Webinos Consortium, the sponsor of the Contest; “you”, “yourself”, “I”, “me” and “my” refers to any eligible Contest entrant.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION
Entrants shall create and submit a webinos-based web application (hereinafter: “Entry”) to the webinos AppStore. Refer to Section 3 (WHO CAN ENTER) for eligibility determination, Section 4 (HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY) and Section 5 (WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY) for additional Entry requirements and details. All eligible Entries received will be assessed in accordance with the assessment criteria described in Section 7 (HOW ENTRIES WILL BE ASSESSED).
2. WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest is open for submission of an Entry from (January 11th, 2013) to (February 25th, 2013) (hereinafter referred to as “Entry Period”). Note that an Entry must have been received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
3. WHO CAN ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are of 18 years or older or provide written permission by your parent or legal guardian.
- You are NOT a member of the Webinos Consortium or an employee of a Webinos Consortium partner or of a Webinos Consortium partner’s subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family or household member of a Webinos Consortium partner’s employee or an employee of a Webinos Consortium partner’s subsidiary.
4. HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY?
Applications must be submitted and get accepted following the submission process described on the Contest website in order to be eligible. In addition the submission of the completed online survey at the end of the application form must have been provided.
To submit your Entry, navigate to (http://www.webinos.org/appchallenge) and enter the Contest by submitting your Entry, as instructed on the website. We will accept up to three (3) Entries per person. It is your sole responsibility and risk to ensure that your Entry is submitted correctly, timely and in a form that we are able to access and that it is complete and eligible.
We reserve the right to reject any Entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the eligibility criteria in Section 5 or violate any existing legal provision.
5. WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible to enter the Contest, your Entry must meet the following requirements:
- Your Entry must make use of at least one webinos API and at least two screens.
- The Entry may utilize any combination of approved libraries as specified on the FAQ’s page without modification.
- Your Entry must be your own original creative work and must not violate the rights of any other person or company.
- Use of third party material, such as data from third-party web services, third-part source code, libraries, or assemblies is only permitted if you have obtained all consents, approvals, or licenses required for using such material in the particular form used and within this Contest. Proof of such consent, approval or license has to be submitted along with your Entry.
- If an Entry requires special hardware (e.g. fixed appliances/machinery or very expensive equipment) or is intended to use proprietary/confidential/sensitive data sets in order for its full functionality to be tested, we may request additional proof of the functionality claims (e.g. arrange a live demo). Potential of public demonstration / show-casing during the awards event needs to be settled before submission can be approved. It is at the sole discretion of the judges panel to decide whether such Entry, due to its special requirements, shall be eligible or not. .
- Entry must be accompanied by a clear description and optionally (but we recommend to) screenshots, a video and/or screen-capture demoing their usage. At your discretion you may submit additional documentation and/or instructions.
- Successfully absolved interview for quality/technical feedback and/or marketing purposes.
6. HOW MY ENTRY MAY BE USED
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your Entry. However, by submitting your Entry, you:
- Agree that, webinos may: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyse your Entry and all its content in connection and restricted to the purpose of this Contest; (ii) feature your Entry in connection with the promotion of this Contest and webinos events in all media (now known or later developed).
- Agree to grant webinos a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use the App for the purposes of promoting the webinos Project and in relation to the webinos platform.
- Agree that webinos shall have the right to use, reproduce, publicly perform and display the App in connection with the advertising and promotion of this Contest by, but not limited to making and providing screenshots, animations and video clips available for promotional purposes.
- Understand that you are not entitled to any compensation or credit for use of your Entry, other than what is described in these Terms & Conditions.
Please note that following the end of this Contest your Entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your Entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your Entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning Entry.
If you (or your parent or legal guardians) are not willing to grant us these rights to your Entry, please do not enter this Contest.
7. HOW ENTRIES WILL BE ASSESSED
Following the close of the Entry Period, a jury (jury members as listed on the Contest website) will review all eligible Entries received and, based on the assessment criteria, select a number of finalists.
The jury will judge Entries based upon the following criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate the capabilities of the webinos interfaces,
- User experience,
- Originality, and
- Innovative design.
The finalists will be invited to the Contest awards event in order to present their submissions.
During the Contest awards event, the winners will be selected either by the jury or the audience of the Contest awards event:
- In case the jury makes the selection of the winners, winners will be selected based on their presentations using the assessment criteria mentioned above.
- In case the winner is selected by the audience of the Contest awards event, the winners are determined by voting by the audience. To ensure fairness:
- Only members of the audience who are physically present at the event are allowed to vote. No remote voting is allowed.
- The voting will be started and closed during the Contest awards session. No votes will be accepted before or after the designated period. The voting period will be announced during the event.
- Any member of the audience shall only have one vote.
We reserve the right to cancel the voting process and if we detect any attempt to falsify the voting results during the entire process. The selection of the winners may be done by the jury.
8. THE PRIZES
Prizes for each Contest will be published by the webinos project.
If you are selected as a winner of this Contest:
- The prize will be awarded to you. In case you are participating as an employee you shall ensure it is used and/or distributed in accordance with your company’s policies (Note: We are not responsible for the re-distribution of prizes within your company, if required); and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner; if you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
9. HOW FINALISTS WILL BE NOTIFIED
If you are a finalist, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address provided on your application within seven (7) days following finalists’ determination. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we will consider an alternate finalist.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS YOU ARE AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST
By entering this Contest you (your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree and understand that:
- You will abide to these Terms and Conditions;
- You, to the extent allowed by law, will indemnify and hold harmless the webinos consortium and the webinos partners, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with your participation in this Contest or any prize won;
- You will accept that the webinos project decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- You agree that the webinos project may publish your real name and country of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
11. IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED
If any unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest.
12. FIND OUT WHO WON
We will post the winning Entries online after (March 5th, 2013) at (http://www.webinos.org). This posting will remain active for at least 30 days.
13. CONTEST SPONSOR
The webinos project is the main sponsor of this Contest. Other sponsors may be added.
Unless specifically stated otherwise on the Contest Entry page, the Contest is operated in Germany, is subject to German law and is governed by the exclusive jurisdiction of German courts.