webinos Foundation Launch Event, 22nd of November 2013
Time: 12:30 – 13:30, http://www.campuslondon.com/
Connecting devices securely using web technologies
Be part of the secure movement in web technology
To celebrate the creation of the webinos foundation the webinos consortium is running a launch event.
We will demonstrate the current array of webinos enabled devices and applications to potential foundation members. The day will include talks from members of the webinos team as well as industry experts along with live demonstrations of the application and device suites that have been developed so far.
60 FREE WEBINOS EVALUATION KITS FOR ATTENDEES
First come first served basis – choice of Raspberry PI or AndroStick (TV) systems (subject to availability)
In order to get hands on experience of the platform, free evaluation kits will be given out running on Raspberry Pis or Androsticks (for TV-media configuration). These kits will allow developers and prospective foundation members to understand first hand how webinos works and how versatile it is.
Also available will be software installers for PC, Linux, Mac and Android
- Device manufacturers: Personal Computers, Smartphones, Tablets, Home Entertainment, TVs, in-car units, Internet of Things, Machine-to-Machine
- Telecommunication operators
- Application Developers
- System Integrators
- Research and Academia: information technology and computer science
- Journalists and Technology writers
- Technology briefings from industry experts
- Live demonstrations of the technology in action
- Hands on workshops and how to guides
- Join-up: become part of the webinos community
- FREE evaluation kits
What is webinos?
Connecting Devices using open, easy to use, evolved web-technologies is the primary objective of the webinos foundation.
Code has been released under an Apache 2.0 license for Windows, Linux. OSX and Android platforms already. All specifications have been defined under a Royalty Free IPR framework. The recently created webinos foundation, is built on Open Governance principles and is accepting membership and board nominations.
Specifically webinos delivers three distinct but complementary things
- Application Framework: A fully open platform for creating versatile, optimised HTML5 based applications for TVs, Cars, Mobiles, PCs and Internet of Things Devices
- Communication Framework: A communications protocols that allows a device to discover and use the resources and services on bound devices, both over the internet and local networks
- Security Framework: A comprehensive, open and fully distributed security model that underpins the App framework and Communications Framework
To help underline the versatility of the webinos platform we have pre-prepared four gateways, with different contexts of use, different connected devices and different application suites. All use the same underlying framework.
- TV: integrated multi device TV and multimedia consumption
- Vehicle: head unit integration, black box systems and ODBII interfaces
- Home automation: weather station, Arduino boards, FS20 thermostatic valves, Sensor stations and IoT dashboard
- eHealth: Heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar monitor
What makes webinos special
A single open technology stack is used to communicate between devices, whether it be TV, Car, Mobile or Thermometer
- No single point of control: an innovative distributed architecture is used to connect and secure devices – but this can be done peer to peer, without a single all-encompassing portal
- Each device supports a rich HTML5+ application framework for writing rich applications
- Each device can publish as well as consume services; each device is a connectable server in its own right
- Driver model: webinos supports a powerful driver model, whereby any pre-existing piece of hardware can be made to interoperate with the rich webinos ecosystem be writing a simple driver
At a glance:
webinos Foundation Launch Event
22nd of November 2013
Time: 12:30 – 13:30
4-5 BONHILL STREET, LONDON EC2A 4BX